Data Security through Mobile Destruction
Mobile hard drive and media destruction provides your business with data security by ensuring sensitive digital information is destroyed immediately on site.
A staggering amount of sensitive data is stored in digital format. Data can have a very long life span and it is critical to destroy that data on disk drives when they are no longer in use.
Businesses are required by law to protect private information and there is no time limit placed on the requirement to protect the data. If a 10 year old disk containing sensitive data goes outside of the organization serious consequences may ensue.
Data Deletion is Not Enough
Before recycling or selling a computer or drive many organizations will delete the data. However what they may not realize is that deleting the data or even formatting the hard drive does not make the data unrecoverable.
MIT conducted a study to see what type of information could be recoverable from used hard drives. They purchased 158 hard drives from eBay and other merchants. The devices originally belonged to a number of organizations including laws firms and banks. Researchers were able to recover sensitive files including thousands of credit cards numbers, individual’s names and contact information, emails, social security numbers and medical records.
Hard Drive Destruction: 100% Destroyed 100% Secure 100% Assured
- Document the serial number of each hard drive for destruction and provide a copy of the log sheet for your records.
- Drill a large hole through the hard drive before leaving your premises which renders the hard drive inoperable
- Securely transport your hard drives to our destruction facility where the degaussing process takes place. Degaussing completely destroys the information on the hard drive and is used by ASIO and the Department of Defence.
- Log the manufacturer and the serial number of each device.
- Send an itemized certificate of destruction.
- Send the scrap to recyclers across Australia helping to reduce the carbon footprint.
What Media can be destroyed?
- Hard Drives (any kind of laptop, desktop, PATA , SATA and many more)
- Backup Magnetic Tapes (any kind DLT, mini cartridges and many more)
- Floppy Disk (3.5 inch disk, 5.25 inch disks and many more)
- Zip Disk (100MB, 250MB, and other large disks)
- Optical Media (CDs DVD’s, Blue Ray and HD DVD)